The # 1 challenge facing CEOs today is the rapid pace of technological innovation.* Change is happening at such a rapid rate that:
- The average S&P 500 company lifespan is 15 years and
- 32% of public corporations won’t be around in 5 years.**
Jim Clifton, CEO and Chairman of Gallup, and bestselling author of “The Coming Jobs War” notes that two out of the three key energy sources for job creation in America are the country’s Top 100 cities and Top 100 universities. Since SMBs (Small- & Medium-Sized Businesses) comprise 99% of all businesses within the US, most jobs are created when entrepreneurs start companies. I referred to this resource in my Boston College commencement speech and have used the top cities and universities as a founding principle for our innovation research and services with global clients.
Today we are launching G51 Amplify services. G51 is focused on accelerating innovation and entrepreneurship by connecting corporate and private equity capital with high-potential companies and entrepreneurial university ecosystems. The high-potential companies can range from the Seed stage, A and B series funding to growth stage firms and Exit Planning. See diagram to the right.
Our proprietary process of curating startup deal flow and applying a rigorous method of research will help:
- Corporations augment their global business growth and enhance their competitive advantage and
- Family Offices diversify their investment portfolio with high-potential startups that align with their strategic objectives.
This enables us to leverage what Bob Metcalfe, G51 Advisor and founder of the Ethernet, has coined as the Network Effect: the value of the network is directly proportional to the square of the number of users.
We offer a glimpse of the road ahead for emerging and disruptive technologies through a portfolio of G51 Amplify services. More importantly, we help streamline the corporate innovation process through an Outcome-Driven Innovation tool.
Each week we will feature blog posts that will highlight:
- A key insight about innovation that stems from our market research, emerging vertical market trends and our Venture Scholar program and/or
- A quick snapshot of the Top 3 articles about innovation that made headlines in the prior week with a brief commentary about why each is strategically important.
Stay tuned for future blog articles that can help you keep a finger on the pulse of innovation, emerging technologies and high-potential startups that can provide the tipping point for your business and investments. You can subscribe to our blog by clicking here. To keep updated on a daily basis follow us on Twitter and/or like us on Facebook.
[Rudy Garza is Founder and Partner of G51 Amplify]
*Fortune 500 Survey (June 2015)
** The Innovation Game, Cap Gemini (July 2015)